||Dr. Anthony Auriemma, M.D., J.D.
Click here to find more about Dr. Auriemma
- Dr. Anthony Auriemma received his Doctor of Medicine Degree at Loyola University, Chicago.
- As the Medical Director of Alexian Brothers Weight Loss Solutions, Dr. Auriemma oversees all aspects of the weight management process.
- He is board-certified in obesity medicine and understands the complex nature of managing the chronic disease of obesity.
- He enjoys guiding individuals toward improved health by dramatically reducing symptoms and the medications used to treat weight-related conditions such as type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
||Marge Connor, RD, LDN.
- Marge Connor graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, with high honors, and completed her dietetic internship with graduate work at the Mayo Clinic and Univesity of Minnesota, Rochester.
- Marge comes to Alexian Brothers Weight Loss Solutions with over 25 years of experience in the field of dietetics. Her knowledge of nutrition is broad in scope.
- Her varied work in the field includes corporate consulting, restaurant menu evaluation, newspaper contributor, consultant for a professional sports team, and adjunct professor at the community college level.
- Marge began working with meal replacement diets in the late 80’s, and has a passion for educating people in how to incorporate a nutritious meal plan and physical activity in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Cari Rivas, MS, RD, LDN.
- Cari has been a Registered Dietitian since 1988 and has a passion for helping people lead healthier lives while providing support and guidance in setting realistic, attainable goals.
- She received both her undergraduate and graduate degrees from Northern Illinois University and completed her clinical internship at Alexian Brothers Medical Center.
- Cari is also a Certified Group Exercise Instructor and teaches Spinning®, water fitness, strength training classes and step aerobics.
- She strives to be a role model for others and tailors her recommendations to each individual. Sometimes small changes can produce big results.
||Valerie Luxon, Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Dr. Luxon specializes in individuals with eating disorders, high functioning autism spectrum disorders and those struggling with self-injury. She has worked with children, adolescents, adults and families in a variety of settings since 2003.
- Experience working with anxiety and mood disorders (i.e., depression, bipolar disorder), disruptive/defiant behaviors, parenting concerns and family conflict.
- Uses an integrative, strength-based approach to promote self-empowerment, motivation and changes in thoughts, behaviors and mood.