Alexian Brothers Senior & Community Resource Center offers resources and support through the Family Caregiver of Older Adults program that includes support groups, consultations, education and other resources for those caregiving for a loved one.
Caregiving for a loved one is challenging but when you try to do it alone it can be overwhelming. That's why Alexian Brothers Senior & Community Resource Center offers resources and support. Caregivers can take advantage of:
- Consultations for individuals, family members, or significant others
- Educational sessions on caregiving topics.
- Support groups for those caring for an older adult.
- Medicare Counseling
- Information and referral to vital resources in the Alexian Brothers Health System and in the community.
Why Choose Us
What others are saying about Tender Loving Caregivers Support Group at ABMC:
- "I consider the Family Caregiver of Older Adults program at Alexian Brothers Medical Center to be my lifeline. I discovered it about 10 years ago while my mother was in the middle stages of Alzheimer's disease. During those years I attended the Tender Loving Caregivers (TLC) support group and not only received wonderful resources but made some very special connections with other caregivers. Currently, my father is undergoing many medical changes, and I again turn to the department for help and support. As an unmarried, only child of elderly parents, the program/department is absolutely invaluable to me."
- "One of my greatest life supports during the long journey of caregiving for my elderly mother was the Tender Loving Caregivers support group at ABMC. Tears, hopes, concerns, misery, laughter, dreams, anger, frustrations, advice, and hugs were all permissible in our group. For those who are caregiving, groups like these are essential for survival."
- "My husband and I were very blessed to be part of Alexian Brothers TLC support group at a time when we needed help understanding our roles as caregivers for my parents. The facilitator's gentle validation of our struggle and meaningful suggestions on how to handle difficult situations was a lifesaver."
To learn more about the Tender Loving Caregivers Support Group or to set up an appointment for a consultation, call 847-956-5465 at Alexian Brothers Medical Center, 847-839-6481 at St. Alexius Medical Center or email SeniorandCommunityResourceCenter@alexian.net.