Getting the right medication to treat anxiety, depression or another emotional disorder is sometimes a difficult task. The Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Pharmacy offers a unique and valued service for physicians, nurses and therapists that provides monitoring and management of medications used to treat psychological, emotional or behavioral health disorders.
Our behavioral health pharmacists have expertise in how medications are effectively used to treat behavioral conditions and assist with drug monitoring, pharmacotherapy recommendations and the design of drug treatment plans.
Providers can consult with the pharmacist at any time during the treatment process to receive advice on psychiatric drugs, doses, side effects and outcomes.
Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Pharmacy offers these unique services:
- Review and monitor the prescribed drugs of behavioral health patients
- Manage and monitor the medical records of behavioral health patients looking for errors or inconsistencies
- Check for patients' drug allergies and sensitivities to psychiatric drugs
- Clarify and confirm drug orders and prescriptions with psychiatrists, psychologists and therapists
- Make physicians aware of psychiatric drug side effects and interactions
- Consult with psychiatrists and other physicians on which drugs to prescribe
- Review all lab results of behavioral health patients for problems and alerts the appropriate personnel
- Counsel and educate patients in the use of psychiatric drugs
- Specialized computer software to integrate drug and lab information to assist in decision support and practice resources