Dr. Mazin is a Pediatric Neurologist who specializes in the treatment of pediatric epilepsy. He is available for inpatient consultations at both Alexian Brothers Women & Children's Hospital at St. Alexius Medical Center, Hoffman Estates, and Alexian Brothers Medical Center, Elk Grove Village.
Dr. Mazin is board certified in both pediatric neurology and pediatric epilepsy.
- Medical School: University of Chicago
- Residency (Neurology/Pediatric): Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts-New-England Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Fellowship (Epilepsy and Neurophysiology): Children's Hospital Boston, affiliated with Harvard University
Dr. Mazin will be seeing patients with problems such as headaches, cerebral palsy, head trauma, etc. He also has a special interest in the treatment for complex seizure.
Dr. Mazin is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of epilepsy in children. In addition to practicing general neurology, Dr. Mazin will be providing oversight to the pediatric Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU) at St. Alexius Medical Center. Alexian Brothers Health System is designated as a Level 3 Epilepsy Center by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers. Our center brings experts together from the Alexian Brothers Women & Children’s Hospital and the Alexian Brothers Neurosciences Institute to diagnose and treat some of the most challenging epilepsy cases.
Dr. Mazin aims to provide timely, compassionate, and knowledgeable care for all patients. He also works closely with child psychiatrists, psychologists and therapists to help children obtain their full potential. Dr. Mazin is an excellent addition to the division and aids in expanding the services provided to children with neurological problems in collaboration with Dr. AbdelSalam, MD, FAAP, Medical Director of Child Neurology Services and Dr. Yadava, MD.
Dr. Mazin is supported by:
- Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Bryan Bertoglio, MD.
- State of the art radiology department with a 3T MRI, Ambulatory EEG services (in-home monitoring) and Magnetoencephalography (brain mapping)
- a dedicated group of pediatric intensivists and hospitalists, as well as a team that includes speech, occupational and developmental therapy, nutrition and neuropsychology services.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Mazin, please click here or call AlexianConnects at 1-866-ALEXIAN (1-866-253-9426).
Dr. Mazin discusses VNS (Vagus Nerve Stimulation). Find one family's story above.