Alexian Brothers Hospice Residence
The Alexian Brothers Hospice Residence, dedicated in July 2013, offers compassionate care to those with a terminal illness in a comfortable, home-like environment. The Hospice Residence complements the existing Alexian Brothers Hospice Program by providing an on-site end-of-life care option. This Hospice Residence features:
- Sixteen beautiful, peaceful rooms overlook landscaped gardens with sun drenched windows to bring in light.
- Families can visit residents any time and even sleep in the room, if desired, using specially designed beds.
- Home-like spaces to prepare meals, pray, watch a movie, read a book in front of the fireplace or simply talk quietly.
- Tranquil chapel where patients and families can find solace.
- Dignity and respect are hallmarks of all care.
- Medical equipment is discretely located.
- Spiritual comfort is offered to all who desire it through a ministry of love and hope.
- Bereavement programs support healing for families after a loved one’s death.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
(Elk Grove Village, IL) - More than 150 people, including Alexian Brothers Health System associates, donors, leadership and members of the Alexian Brothers Congregation joined community residents and the Most Reverend George J. Rassas, Auxiliary Bishop of Chicago, for the official blessing and groundbreaking... (Read More