Most people would rather remain in a familiar environment when recovering from an illness. To meet that need, Alexian Brothers Home Health provides comprehensive home care services from highly trained, skilled professionals who tend to your physical, emotional and functional needs in the comfort of your home. Whether you have just been released from the hospital or are learning to manage a new medical condition, our team of nurses and therapists provides compassionate and competent care. Our interdisciplinary team includes:
- Registered nurses
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Speech therapists
- Medical social workers
Throughout the course of treatment, our home health care team will work in partnership with your physician and provide him or her with ongoing updates concerning your progress.
In addition to the conventional treatment our occupational, physical and speech therapists bring to your home, they are also equipped to provide alternative therapies to help you relax. These include:
Our interdisciplinary team approach ensures that your needs will be addressed by one or more of our staff specialists.
- Registered nurses working in home health provide a number of skilled medical procedures for those recovering from surgery, accidents, or who need ongoing treatment for chronic physical or mental disorders. Most home health nursing visits are intermittent and designed to address specific medical needs that only a nurse can perform, such as administering or monitoring medication. Generally these visits last 1 to 1 ½ hours and are scheduled as needed.
- Infusion nurses are specifically trained to deliver vital fluids and medications to those who are homebound. Infusion nurses use intravenous therapy to treat conditions such as cancer, AIDS, nutritional deficits, leukemia, heart disease, hemophilia and other health problems. Infusion nurses are also equipped to treat those who have undergone an organ transplant, bone marrow transplant, or are being treated for lymphoma.
- Occupational therapists work to improve your ability to perform tasks in daily living and working environments. They work with people who have conditions that are mentally, physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabling.
- Physical therapists offer rehabilitative services that help with movement impairments resulting from physical disability or pain. The goal is to restore as much physical and functional ability as possible.
- Speech therapists assist with swallowing difficulties, speech-related exercises and disorders.
- Medical Social Workers provide information and education about community resources, facilitate referrals to appropriate community agencies and assist with long range health care planning.
Why Choose Us
Alexian Brothers Home Health is licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health and certified by Medicare and the Joint Commission. This means that we meet the highest standards of home care currently in practice.
Our home health team is dedicated to providing quality patient care with a personal touch. During our home visits, we not only perform the prescribed treatments, but we also closely monitor any changes in your condition. Just as importantly, we take the time to listen to your concerns and respond to any questions or special needs that you or your family might have.
To learn more about skilled services at Alexian Brothers Home Health Care, call 630-233-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.