The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is a not-for-profit organization driving the improvement of health by advancing the quality and value of health care. The Institute for Healthcare Improvement introduced the 100,000 Lives Campaign with the goal of saving lives. The 100K Lives Campaign has been adopted by Alexian Brothers Health System. It is a set of evidence-based practices to prevent avoidable deaths in healthcare including:
- Deploying Rapid Response Teams at the first sign of patient decline
- Evidence-Based Care for Acute Myocardial Infarction, which prevents deaths from heart attack
- Preventing Adverse Drug Events by implementing medication reconciliation or comparing a patient's medication orders to all of the medications that the patient has been taking
- Preventing Central Line Infections - preventing catheter-related bloodstream infections
- Surgical Site Infections - appropriate use of antibiotics at the proper time
- Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia - preventing serious lung infection
To learn more about One Hundred Thousand Lives at Alexian Brothers Health System, call 866-253-9426 or email Quality@Alexian.net.