OPTIFAST and TRIM Meal Replacement Plans
OPTIFAST and TRIM meal replacement plans are offered through the comprehensive medical weight loss management program now offered by Alexian Brothers Weight Loss Solutions. This program combines lifestyle education and medical monitoring with a great tasting meal replacement – OPTIFAST is a clinically proven medical nutrition meal replacement to help individuals lose weight and improve their health.*
We offer two Meal Replacement Plan pathways:
- OPTIFAST - The Full Meal Replacement Plan: Participants take a vacation from regular food and focus on lifestyle changes necessary for sustainable weight loss. Women on this program average a loss of 2-3 lbs. per week and men average a loss of 4-5 lbs. per week. The active phase of weight loss is typically 12-16 weeks and is followed by a 6 week transition period.
- TRIM - The Partial Meal Replacement Plan: Participants combine the use of meal replacement products with a calorie-controlled meal under the support and direction of the dietitian. The flexibility of this plan allows individuals to eat with family and friends while losing weight of an average of 1-2 lbs. per week.
How much weight will I lose on the OPTIFAST program? How quickly will I lose weight?
The OPTIFAST Program succeeds because it treats the whole you – not just your weight. With OPTIFAST, you’ll be closely monitored and given the support, counseling, lifestyle education, and meal replacements to help you enjoy long-term weight loss and significantly reduce weight-related health risks.
- Follow-up studies at 5 years showed over 45% of patients kept enough weight off to improve their health long term2
- After 2 years, 40% of patients maintained more than half their weight loss; 78% of men and 60% of women maintained medically significant weight loss2
Are there any side effects? What are the risks?
All OPTIFAST® 800 products are nutritionally complete, containing high quality protein and meeting 100% of the nutritional needs. Individuals are medically monitored to reduce the potential for side effects and to maximize improvements in weight-related health risks.
1. Wadden TA, et al. A multicenter evaluation of a proprietary weight loss program for the treatment of marked obesity, Arch Intern Med. 1992; 152:961-966.
2. Wadden TA, et al. A multicenter evaluation of a proprietary weight loss program for the treatment of marked obesity: A five year follow-up. Int J East Disord. 1997; 22:203-212.
*The typical OPTIFAST patient lose over 50lbs in 18-24 weeks. For many dieters weight loss is temporary.