- Interventional cardiology
- Interventional vascular procedures
Special Medical Interests
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm endograft (non-surgical insertion of a stent to reinforce weakened blood vessels in the abdomen)
- Carotid (neck) arteries stenting
- Treatment of deep venous thrombosis (blood clots in a vein deep inside the body, usually the lower leg and thigh) and venous reflux (incorrect flow of blood in the legs) and varicose veins with LASER
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Interventional Cardiology
- Computed Tomography
Much of my practice focuses on treating complex cases – particularly occluded (blocked) arteries – for patients who have found it difficult to obtain treatment or only are being offered surgical treatment, which they’re not able to tolerate. I try very hard to understand what they’ve been through before they get to my office, to find out what they need and to determine the least invasive way we can get them better. We offer second opinions and a willingness to take on cases that may have been turned down elsewhere. Even with patients for whom other treatments have failed, I try to provide options and provide hope. For example, we treat deep venous thrombosis (blood clots in the leg) long after the clots have developed. We have the expertise, the experience and the equipment to offer minimally invasive procedures for these complex cases, with the accompanying advantages of less strain on the patient and a shorter hospital stay.
I also focus on a completely percutaneous repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA) in which most of my patients go home the next day.
Education and Training
- University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
- Internal Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood IL
- Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Loyola University Medical Center
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions
- Society for Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Illinois Medical Society and the Chicago Medical Society
Currently an investigator on clinical trials of carotid stenting devices, laser atherectomy of leg stents that have narrowed, medicated angioplasty balloons and a device for treating chronic total occlusion.