The Cancer Institute at Alexian Brothers Health System provides Nurse Navigators to assist you through your cancer experience.
Experienced Nurse Navigators are certified in Oncology or Breast Imaging and Breast Care. They expedite quality, personalized care for cancer patients and also provide:
- A multi-disciplinary approach ensuring appropriate cancer care for the patient
- The right care at the right time-decreasing time from diagnosis to start of treatment
- Support, education and empowerment to patients and families
- Coordination of appointments and communication with all the members of your cancer team
- Patients and families are directed to resources to resolve barriers such as language, financial, psychosocial, nutrition
- Facilitate participation in the Cancer Institute’s Complimentary Care and Support Services Program which is strongly focused on physical fitness, nutrition and stress management. As well as community resourcesal and transportation issues..
- For Breast Cancer, a specifically trained and certified Breast Care Nurse Navigator is available to help with each step along the way, from the time of mammography screening, diagnosis of cancer, throughout treatment and into survivorship.
- For Thoracic cancers (lung, esophagus, mesothelioma, thymoma) our navigator provides education on specific pathology and treatment options while offering emotional support for the patient, family and significant others.
- For General Cancer Sites (Gyne, GI, Brain tumors, Prostate, all cancer types.) our navigator provides a point of contact that can guide the patient and families through their specific cancer care.
If you would like more information regarding these navigators please contact them directly:
Alexian Brothers Breast Health Specialist/Nurse Navigator – Ruth Todd RN, BSN, CMS, CBPN-IC
St. Alexius Breast Health Specialist/Nurse Navigator – Kathleen Baronello RN, CBE-MC, CBPN-IC
Alexian Brothers Medical Center/St. Alexius Medical Center Thoracic Oncology Nurse Navigator - Jane Cosentino RN BSN OCN