> Learn More About Panic and Anxiety Disorder Services

Text Size

Learn More About Panic and Anxiety Disorder Services

"Overcoming Anxiety" is a 10-week educational group that teaches Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) which has been proven by the National Institute of Mental Health to be one of the most effective ways to overcome most forms of panic and anxiety disorders. CBT helps you identify and challenge your anxiety-producing thoughts and beliefs, which in turn helps decrease your anxiety and panic symptoms and increase your ability to get the most out of life. The group also teaches coping skills for dealing with anxiety and panic including deep breathing and relaxation techniques, thought stopping and other effective methods.

Individual therapy and medication management services are also available.

View or print the Anxiety Group flyer.

Evidence-based success in treating anxiety

  • Since May of 2008, 35 participants have completed or substantially completed the Overcoming Anxiety group. The average reduction in symptoms of both anxiety and depression has been approximately 47%.
  • Over 80% of participants rated the group experience as "Excellent", while the other 20% reported that it was "Very Good".
  • Symptoms were evaluated based on the "Brief Mood Survey" by David Burns. Course ratings were based on the "Cognitive Therapy Scale" by J. E. Young and A. T. Beck.

Upon completion of the Anxiety group, some comments have been as follows:

"Excellent 10-week therapy session. I learned a lot. The homework handouts were helpful".

"I think Lori ran the group really well. I am very sensitive, and she never hurt my feelings or acted like she didn't care. I never felt judged. I felt others knew what I was going through. That's what's so great about a group dynamic. I actually cried at the last session. Now I just need to make the next step."

"This group has been the best thing for me. I've gotten a lot better and I'm a lot happier now. I plan to continue my therapy. I'm finally ready to get better and it's been working!"

"I like everyone in the group. I only wish that I'd done this sooner. Sleeping is so much easier knowing that I'll be able to handle my tomorrows!"

View more information about this program.

For more information, or to register for the Overcoming Anxiety group, please contact 847-952-7464.

Alexian Brothers
Medical Center

800 Biesterfield Road
Elk Grove Village, IL
60007
847-437-5500
Alexian
Rehabilitation Hospital

935 Beisner Road
Elk Grove Village, IL
60007
847-640-5600
St. Alexius
Medical Center

1555 Barrington Road
Hoffman Estates, IL
60169
847-843-2000
Alexian Brothers
Behavioral Health
Hospital

1650 Moon Lake Boulevard
Hoffman Estates, IL
60169
800-432-5005
Alexian Brothers
Women & Children's
Hospital

1555 Barrington Road
Hoffman Estates, IL
60169
847-843-2000
  • Primary Care
  • Addison
  • Barrington
  • Bartlett
  • Bloomingdale
  • Elgin
  • Elk Grove Village
  • Hanover Park
  • Itasca
  • Mt. Prospect
  • Palatine
  • Palatine/Rolling Meadows
  • Poplar Creek
  • Schaumburg
  • Streamwood
Back to Top