The PSR program at Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health offers specialized programming for adults ages 18 and older who are in the process of recovery from a mental illness or substance abuse issue. The program runs Monday through Friday from 9:30am - 3pm and Saturday between 10 and 1.
Our team of highly trained professionals offers a comprehensive approach to treating a wide range of emotional, social, and substance abuse problems through:
- Psychiatric evaluations from a physician specially trained to treat chronic emotional and substance use problems
- Group counseling with therapists who understand your individual needs
- A variety of activity groups to promote social comfort, improve relationships, and help you practice and complete daily tasks
- Connecting you with financial, medical, and other supportive resources in your local community
- Vocational assistance to prepare you for a work environment
- 24-hour crisis intervention services
- PSR DROP-IN, a program that offers participants an opportunity to socialize and practice interpersonal communication skills in a safe setting every Tuesday from 3-6pm and Saturday from 10-1pm
- A young adult PSR program is also available for those 18-25
Our daily schedule of therapeutic groups is designed to address emotional, social, and recovery issues you are facing. Currently, Alexian Center for Mental Health offers 35 different groups, including:
- Climb Every Mountain helps participants develop a variety of skills to increase motivation, solve problems, and improve attitude and overall functioning.
- Men's Group offers group members an opportunity to discuss issues men are facing and strategies to be more productive and effective in society.
- Guided Meditations leads you through a series of guided imagery, progressive relaxation exercises, deep breathing, and stretching.
- Anxiety Control examines the nature of anxiety and identifies anxiety-related symptoms while giving group members an opportunity to practice healthy ways of coping.
- Diagnosis and Medications presents education on the meanings of various diagnostic terms, assessment processes, and treatment options. Communication skills are also taught so you can learn to more effectively interact with healthcare professionals and actively participate in your treatment process.
- Emotional Insight encourages participants to discuss their own issues, concerns, and problems openly and receive support and feedback from members of the group.
- WRAP helps group participants develop individualized Wellness Recovery Action Plans to combat problematic behaviors. The Action Plan includes the use of wellness tools, coping skills, and preventative measures to encourage group members in their recovery process.