Getting the best care sometimes means seeing a specialist. At Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health, psychiatrists are available to evaluate your condition, prescribe medications and monitor your progress. Our psychiatrists provide advanced specialty care to children, adolescents, adults, and older adults with treatment expertise in perinatal and postpartum depression, chronic mental illness, and mental illness co-occurring with substance abuse issues.
Our psychiatrists work closely with you to develop to a care plan for recovery that best fits your lifestyle and needs. For example, when caring for an adolescent, the psychiatrist may ask school counselors to be involved in developing the care plan with a child's family to ensure that the child's treatment is appropriate for his or her school, neighborhood and home environments.
View the Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health psychiatrists.
Therapies and Interventions
- Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation
- Medication monitoring and management
- Medication administration
- Multi-disciplinary team approach and collaboration
- Referrals to adjunctive therapies as needed
- Assistance obtaining samples and linking to pharmaceutical assistance programs