Daily life can be stressful and overwhelming for individuals with mental health issues. Coping with life stressors does not always mean an extensive inpatient stay at the hospital.
The Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health offers a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) to meet an individual's needs in a community-like setting. It is a comprehensive, well-coordinated, short-term program that provides support and treatment for adults and seniors experiencing an increase in psychiatric symptoms.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is a time-limited program for ages 18 and older and averages 2-4 weeks for most clients. It operates from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday. Participants can arrange for their own transportation or utilize our transportation provider.
- Comprehensive, multidisciplinary psychiatric evaluation
- Weekly assessment by the attending psychiatrist
- Medication monitoring
- Individual and group therapy
- Illness and symptom recognition and psycho-education
- Understanding medications and partnering with treatment providers
- Stress management and relaxation training
- Healthy living education
- Relapse prevention
- Mapping out the individual recovery pathway
- Family and support group meetings
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Planning for life after Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Individual, couple, family and group therapy is also available. Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is covered by most insurance plans including Medicare. Self payment options are also available based upon a sliding fee scale.
Find out more:
For more information, please call our Intake Department at 847-952-7464.