The Sy and Anne Okner Transitional Living Program
If you have been hospitalized or have a mental illness, Transitional Living Services through Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health can help you enter the flow of daily life at a pace that is best for you. Transitional Living gives you the opportunity to prepare for living independently while being in a safe, therapeutic environment. Counselors are available to offer support, guidance, and resources to help you with the challenges of learning to live independently. They will also assist you in securing resources, looking for a place to live, and assisting in your recovery process. While taking part in this residential program you will maintain a structured day program and participate in case management services to monitor your symptoms, medication, and treatment progress. Sliding scale rents are available for residents of Wheeling and Palatine townships and are based on the your income level.
As part of Transitional Living, you will have access to the following services:
- On-site apartment living to ease the transition to independent living after the program is complete.
- Structured therapeutic programming that includes multiple groups to strengthen coping strategies and develop skills to assist with post-program success.
- Ongoing supportive case management and interaction with your treatment team to evaluate your recovery and ensure individualization of care.
- Symptom monitoring to ensure positive treatment progression.
- Medication monitoring and education by staff who will instruct you on taking your medications and help you to take it correctly.