Our Therapies & Interventions
Child and Adolescent Services at Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health offers specialized programming for youth ages 12-18.
Our team of highly trained professionals offers a comprehensive approach to treating a wide range of emotional and social problems through:
- Psychiatric evaluations from a physician specially trained to treat children and adolescents
- Individual, group, or family counseling with therapists who understand the unique needs of children and teenagers
- Ongoing medication monitoring appointment
- A variety of therapeutic groups
- Psychological testing to better diagnose and treat specific issues
- Collaboration with teachers, social workers, and schools to ensure continuity of care and support
- Case management that includes in-home visits, coordination with hospitals, collaboration with other treatment providers, and facilitated connection to insurance, benefits, and other needed services (such as medical or dental)
- 24-hour crisis intervention services
Our weekly therapeutic groups are designed to address emotional and social issues facing children and teenagers. Our groups are led by counselors who understand the unique developmental needs of pre-adolescents and adolescents.