When coping with life's stresses or recovering from a mental illness, it is important to nourish your spiritual needs as part of your treatment. The Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health provides people from all faith traditions with sensitive spiritual care. Our resident Brother supports individuals as they seek faith resources and spiritual connections that add comfort, meaning, hope, and peace to their lives.
At the Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health, our Spiritual Care consists of:
- Individualized attention and resourcing
- Spirituality groups on a variety of topics through an interfaith perspective
- address both personal spiritual issues raised by members of the group and specific topics related to spirituality (finding hope, how to pray, grief and loss, guilt and shame, forming connections with a faith community, etc.)
- discuss spiritual affirmation, sources of strength, or finding meaning and purpose in life.
- Family services such as consultations and/or referrals
When appropriate, parish or congregational resources are sought to further support clients and their families who have questions regarding faith and mental health. We can also help with developing more support in one's faith community for their members that suffer from mental illness. Additionally, our staff can provide consultation to parishes and congregations forming their own mental health ministries.
To learn more about spiritual care at Alexian Brothers Center for Mental Health, call 847-952-7460 or email MentalHealthCenter@alexian.net.