Coalition for a Psychologically Healthy Community
Developing Alternatives to Bullying, Violence & Suicide
Welcome to the SAVE² Coalition. We take pride in our role as change agents in order to collectively create a community with a culture of compassion. We are a group of Upstanders who won't passively stand by to observe hate, violence and bullying to our fellow citizens.
Won't you join us in making a difference?
LEAD to SAVE2
Equipping, Empowering & Releasing Student Leaders
Join us Friday, October 24th for a student leadership training to increase youth
engagement against relational aggression such as bullying, peer pressure and teen
dating violence. For student leaders, educators, and professionals.
Scholarships Available | 5 CEUs/CPDUs Offered
>> LEARN MORE!
The SAVE² Coalition was created to bring together community change agents to develop action plans to identify gaps in anti-bullying/violence initiatives, and work toward filling those gaps.
>> Learn More
As subscribers to the Alexian Brothers values of Holism, Compassion, Dignity of the Person, and Partnership, we aspire to the vision of creating a community where bullying and self-harm are not only devalued, but also not tolerated. We join with fellow community change agents to advocate for the following research-based goals:
- To de-stigmatize the request for help in situations where bullying, depression, suicidal thinking, or other mental health concerns occur
- To decrease access to potentially dangerous means to harm oneself or others (including weapons in schools, internet programs used for bullying, unsafe railroad crossings, access to potentially lethal over-the-counter medications, etc.)
- To support the training of “Upstanders” – that is, teaching our community to take a stand, make a difference, empathize with the struggles and despair of others, and be proactive
- To foster a healthy community by:
- Providing education about the role and responsibility of the community in our lives
- Increasing awareness of how we each participate in perpetuating bullying and the stigmatizing of mental health issues
- Understanding how our negative actions impact others
For more information on the SAVE² Coalition, or to have someone speak to your community about Teen Dating Violence, Domestic Violence or Bullying, please contact Madelyn Burbank, MSW, LSW at 847-230-3744